So this is a really easy recipe but that’s the whole point, right? I always like seeing easy recipes that I didn’t think to make, so I’ll just assume you feel the exact same way as me!
Tacos!!! I know. But really, fish and chicken tacos have been a dinner staple for a long time now. Use any fish, meat, beans, refried beans, baked tofu, sautéed tempeh, hotdogs, watermelon, I don’t care. I’m not pretending that these are fancy, they just get the job done so you can lay on the couch the rest of the night if that’s what you want. That’s what I want.
Five out of these six things are from a warehouse store:
Quick and Easy Fish Soft Tacos
Time: 15 minutes
- 2 Tortilla Crusted Tilapia or any other fish
- 5-6 6-inch flour tortillas
- 2 slices of Pepper Jack Cheese or cheese of choice. Or use shredded cheese
- 1 Roma tomato diced or just use salsa
- 1/2 avocado, mashed. Or just cut into chunks.
- 1-2 handfuls of lettuce or spinach, shredded
- 1 tbsp lemon or lime juice (optional)
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Cook tilapia or fish according to directions. I usually cook for 12 minutes or until inside is white and flaky. That description doesn’t translate well to writing.
- While that is cooking away, start dicing your tomato or get out your salsa. Whatever you can spare the effort or caring for..hey, at least you are kind of cooking something.
- Mash up your avocado. If you want to make this a special occasion, splash some lemon or lime juice in there and throw in a pinch of salt. If you have some hot sauce, put that in the bowl too and mix it around. Now it’s just like Chipotle’s guacamole right?
- Shred your spinach or lettuce.
- Now everything is in little piles. You’re so organized!
- Right before the fish is done, I like to put my tortillas on a plate with the cheese on each one, then microwave for about 20 seconds so the cheese is melted.
- Assembly time! You can layer any way you like!
- Don’t burn your tongue