Super seed snack bars that taste like chewy brownies but have “super foods” packed in like seeds, coconut, and chocolate.
Everything’s a superfood, hooray!
Remember to let these set after cooking. Refrigerating before cutting is even better.
Also, if you don’t have some of the seeds you can try substituting with whatever you have on hand or with finely chopped nuts.
Super Seed Snack Bars
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 – 25 minutes
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 6 Tbsp maple syrup or sugar
- 1/4 cup almond milk or any other milk
- 1/4 cup almond or peanut butter
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup flax meal
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup protein powder (I used Nutiva hemp protein powder)
- Shredded coconut to sprinkle on top
Here are instructions for lazy people. If you are not lazy and/or dislike microwaves for any reason mix the liquids via stovetop.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray.
- Add the coconut oil, maple syrup, and almond milk to a medium microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds and stir. Continue to heat in 30 second intervals until the mixture is bubbling around the sides.
- Stir in almond butter and microwave for another 20-30 seconds.
- Mix in the chocolate chips. Let sit for 1 minute, then whisk together. If it’s not melted and smooth, you guessed it, microwave for another 20-30 seconds.
- Stir in the vanilla and salt.
- Chop the sunflower seeds in a food processor until they become tiny pieces. If you don’t have a food processor skip this step but just know THE ENTIRE RECIPE WILL BE RUINED MUAHAHA. Just kidding..Either chop with a knife or let them stay at their gargantuan size.
- Add the chopped sunflower seeds, chia seeds, flaxmeal and hemp seeds to the wet ingredients and stir to combine.
- Fold in the protein powder.
- Pour into the prepared baking pan and sprinkle with coconut.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes. It may look a little uncooked, that’s ok.
- Cool completely in the pan, then refrigerate for 30 minutes before cutting.
- Store in the refrigerator.